To get started, download our sample containing all the necessary files required:
Unpack the file on your computer and select the bundle.config file when you are creating a new map. The template ZIP contains the default imagery and sound FX that are used when creating a new map.
The template ZIP file contains the following for your convenience:
- bundle.config: that's the main file needed to create new bundles & wires up all the basic stuff.
- module/*: configurations for all map elements.
Please use the in-game editor provided to create new maps. Visit the map tutorial video for a general overview or the modding forums for help:
Below the more detailed instructions to modding.
Image Formats: PNG, JPG, GIF
The editor supports the following image format:
- PNG: lossless image format that does supports full alpha-transparency.
- GIF: lossy image format that supports on/off transparency & a maximum of 256 colors only. Animated GIFs are not supported. Your image is currently imported as a static image only (animated images are currently not implemented).
- JPG/JPEG: lossy image format that does not support transparency.
Please only use PNG for flags & icons as it is the only format that supports full alpha-transparency. You can use the other formats however if you prefer. Feel free to use any of the other image formats for the map image. Please note however that GIF & JPG store images in a lossy format, i.e. details are lost. This is not a limitation of the editor but a limitation of those image formats themselves. The editor converts all images to an internal format in the end, so it does not matter what images you provide.
For details regarding the various image formats see "How-To Geek"'s article What’s the Difference Between JPG, PNG, and GIF?.
Sound & Music
The following sound and music formats are supported:
- MP3: for background music.
- WAV: for short sound effects (max. 5 seconds in length).
Once your map is ready, feel free to upload it to the server for others to play. Maps that have been uploaded to the server & are LIVE for other players to play can be updated at any time. However note, due to backwards compatibility, some things cannot be removed/changed.
All assets provided by us, including but not limited to images, text, sound effects, music, etc. are property of Noble Master Games unless noted otherwise. We give you full permission to create mods for any of our games. You are also free to use imagery and texts provided for blog articles, video blogs and such.
If you are using 3rd party assets, make sure you have permission to use those. If you upload bundles that contain copyrighted content without permission to use, we will reject your submission.